TREKKING IN KAZBEK REGION AND ASCENT OF MOUNT KAZBEK IN ONE TRIP
Заказать этот тур!
Book this tour!
Trekking by volcanic plateaus, ascents to volcanoes and of course to mount Kazbek
Many of us want a lot and as quickly as possible. The life has its own rules and doesn't like to wait. Processing the requests of our regular clients, who have already been to Georgia and wish to come here again and again, we created this tour. In the long run it is a sum of two tours (making up an exclusive offer from Plan B) and one more pleasant bonus. First you participate in the program "Volcanos, narzans, Kazbek” (here you enjoy unique landscapes and narzans), and then we ascend to Kazbek by the nonclassic route. In this route we will overcome the pass of 1B difficulty and move to Kazbek fields above the Meteostation. If you took part in this tours separately, than you can note that this mixed trip is shorter and cheaper. And it is very exciting, as we will ascend to Kazbek and descend from it by two different tracks. The trip is feasible for beginners who are in good spot shape, sane and listen the guide's instructions. As a result of this trip there is an opportunity to get a sports rank and a badge "Alpinist of Ukraine".
You can participate only in trekking or only in the ascent to Kazbek.
We recommend you not to limit yourself only with ascent. You should spend more time in Georgia. We can propose you wonderful excursions by the whole country or separate regions (Kakheti, Borjomi,...), seaside rest and many other cool things. We will arrange transport and accommodation for you... Do not hurry up to leave! Enjoy!
Maximum altitude: 5033 m
Best season: July-August
PLAN OF THE PROGRAM "TREKKING IN KAZBEK REGION AND ASCENT OF MOUNT KAZBEK IN ONE TRIP" DAY BY DAY
Day 1– meeting in the city, taking up residence at the hotel (hostel), walk by Tbilisi, Georgian cuisine
Day 2 – transfer to Kazbegi (Stepanatsminda) village, moving to the starting point of the route by car, 2200 m, tents
Day 3 – radial walk to narzans valley, overnight stop in tents, 2200 m
Day 4 – moving to the valley with magnificent views of the Greater Caucasus Range and Kazbek mount, overnight stop in tents, 3000 m
Day 5 – ascent by the moraines to the pass (1A, 3400 m), descent to the lake, ascent to the volcano (1A, 3700 m), overnight stop in tents, 3100 m
Day 6 – ascent to volcano (1A, 3750 m), traversing the pass 3400 (is possible), overnight stop in tents on the moraines, 2900 m
Day 7 – descent to the valley, 2000 m, tents
Day 8 – departure of the participants of trekking; climbers have a day to rest
Day 9 – ascent by the valley to the camp at 2400 m, tents
Day 10 – ascent by the southern side ridge to the camp at 3380 m, tents
Day 11 – overcoming Ortsveri pass (1B, 4100) to the neve plateau of Kazbek, overnight stop on the plateau, 4300 m
Day 12 – ascent to Kazbek, 5033 m, descent to the "Meteostation" shelter, 3650 m, tents
Day 13 – descent to Kazbegi (Stepanatsminda) village, transfer to Tbilisi
Day 14 – excursions by the city, end of the trip, departure
you should be ready for:
- 5-6 days of living in conditions with limited comfort,
- the tour is organized in a form of expedition, where the participants arrange their everyday life. Group equipment, food and cooking duties are equally divided between the participants. The participants put tents and cook themselves,
- the backpack weight is up to 20 kg (if you wish you can carry your backpack on horses to the "Meteostation" for extra payment),
- air temperature at more than 3000 m height can fall down to -5-0°C at night
the price of the tour includes:
- guide services (2 guides go with the group in the program "Alpinist of Ukraine"),
- Tbilisi-Kazbegi (Stepanatsminda) - Tbilisi transfer,
- staying in tents and food during the ascent (hot breakfast and supper, lunch),
- rent of group equipment (tents, climbing ropes, first aid kit, kitchen and navigation tools),
- medical insurance
the price of the tour doesn't include:
- the cost of transfer from your place of residence to the start point of the program (Tbilisi) and back,
- rent of personal special equipment,
- food and payment for residence in localities (Tbilisi, staying in hostel and food is from 25$ per day, in 3 stars hotel - 30-35$ including breakfast),
- food and drinks during transfers,
- excursions, degustations, Roman baths...
Ukrainian and Russian citizens don't need Georgian visa How to get to Tbilisi, Batumi, Zugdidi. Reference
Other tours in Georgia: Hike by Georgia. Mount Laila ascent, ascent of mount Tetnuld, hike by Lower Svanetia, seaside rest at the Black Sea, 270° around Ushba, trekking and ascent to Schurovskogo peak, horse tour, adventure tour by the mountains of Georgia, ski tour in Gudauri, excursions and degustations, - will help you to know Georgia better.
You can see photos from our past trips in the photo section "Mount Kazbek ascent", "Kazbek 2013. August" and "Tbilisi and Mtskheta".
- when you book a place in the tour you should pay 200$ prepayment and send scans/copies of tickets,
- the indicated price of the tour is for 6 persons, if the tour is ordered for a smaller group, the price shall be specified individually,
- for groups consisting of more than 5 persons individual dates, trip schedule, services and route can be arranged,
- special requirements for participation in the tour: the absence of diseases incompatible with active tourism,
- the guide's decisions during the ascent are final and shall not be discussed. When taking part in the trip you certainly agree with all terms and conditions specified in the tour description,
- please, read the useful information when preparing for the trip